If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.” –John Bingham
Just thought that was an appropriate quote seeing as how I’m 5 days from my first half-marathon.
Today’s been such a weird, tough day that I almost didn’t want to blog tonight, but writing helps relieve stress, right? We finally had to let someone go at work, and she didn’t exactly take it well. So there was drama this morning. But the good thing is… I got to take her laptop
So this means I get to cross off half of #30 on my 100 in 1001 list! But now comes the time-consuming project of transferring all of my files on to this new computer.
I haven’t talked about my intuitive eating for a bit, so let’s discuss. By being more in tune to my hunger and what my body needs, I’ve consciously thought about everything I’ve eaten in the last week. When I was simply eating and tracking calories, I was eating just to eat but not really listening to what my body wanted. I think it’s gone really well. I have found I’m hungrier a lot more than I thought I was, and I’m hoping this means my metabolism is moving faster. I’m so hangry all.the.time, I’m starting to annoy myself.
Tomorrow is “measurement day”. Every 30 days, I take my measurements, and I will try to post them on here. I think it’s been a while since I’ve actually done that.
On another note, I’m going to start making a conscious effort to be less negative. I’ve become a complainer, and I tend to see the bad things in people. But I’m going to try my hardest from here on out to be a more positive, happy person
I’ve come to the conclusion, my taper time has made my blog rather boring, so here’s 25 random facts about me… enjoy!
1. I have natural curly, black hair. As you can tell from my picture, I don’t like my curly, black hair.
2. I was a Disney World cast member for 3 years, on and off. The magic is pretty much almost gone.
3. I’ve never had a cavity, and I’ve never had to wear braces.
4. I won first place in the Coast Day essay contest for my ideas regarding preventing beach erosion in the 5th grade. Glad to see they finally implemented my ideas 15 years later.
5. I’ve only had 2 pets in my life- 2 cats, Biscuit and Ezra
6. I’m anal retentive about one thing- reconciling my check book to the penny.
7. I’m on a mission to read 50 books this year. I’m on book #1… Haha.. But I read several books at one time, so I don’t finish them very quickly
8. I love lamp.
9. I ran my first 5K since high school in May 2008 and placed second in my age group.
10. I refuse to watch TV when the show is actually on. I only watch things on my DVR so I can fast forward through the commercials.
11. I hate the radio. I listen for music not the talking.
12. I’ve broken 2 bones- my wrist when I was 8 while rollerskating at church and my middle toe when I was a senior in high school while dancing in the kitchen.
13. I would give my left arm to go back to high school, and my right to go back to college for just one day. It’s a good thing I can’t, because then I wouldn’t have any arms.
14. I wish I would have joined a sorority in college.
15. Growing up I hated potatoes. Now, they’re my favorite food.
16. I’ve seen every episode of Sex and the City and Grey’s Anatomy.
17. I can’t stand pro football. I’ll only watch it with you if you’re hot and want to cuddle.
18. I don’t have any tattoos, but I’ll get one when I run my first marathon.
19. I’ve been in one major car accident.
20. My secret single behavior (like they talked about on Sex and the City)- I sometimes treat myself to a candlelit dinner all by myself.
21. I’m Agnostic.
22. I’ve lived in 4 states (Maryland, Delaware, Florida, and Pennsylvania), and I don’t think I’ve ever truly felt “at home” anywhere.
23. I could watch “The Day After Tomorrow” and “Shawshank Redemption” until the end of time.
24. I’d rather listen to live music in a brew pub and sip good beer than bar hop and get wasted.
25. I wish I would have gotten a degree in something else besides Hotel & Restaurant Management. Maybe medicine instead.
Now you know a little bit about me
Time to go to bed and de-stress. I was supposed to do dishes tonight, but I can’t bring myself to do anything!
3 days until I leave for Disney World!