I’ve been tagged four times to do this meme, so I thought I’d finally get around to posting it.
1. Post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger gave you in their post & then create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people and link them in your post
5. Let them know you’ve "tagged" them
11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. My eyes are three different colors- green, brown, and gray.
2. I have 2 different signatures.
3. My parents were high school sweethearts and are still happily married.
4. My grandparents were penpals during WWII before they ever met. He still carries a picture of her in his shirt pocket every day.
5. I’ve been to two of the Ghost Hunters locations- Bucksteep Manor in Washington, MA, and Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. I was at Bucksteep Manor for a wedding, but I don’t remember feeling creeped out at all. But Eastern State definitely has a very spooky vibe. We were there for the Halloween event, but they had actors there jumping out at you to “scare you.” I would have been more scared if we were left to wander by ourselves and let our imaginations run wild.
6. When I was younger, I was deathly afraid of dogs. All dogs. I was almost attacked by a huge dog when I was 4, and I was bitten by a German Shepherd when I was 19. My fear slowly dwindled as time went on though, and I’m so glad it did. Molly’s my very first dog!
7. My first time on an airplane was when I was 21 and headed to Disney World with my cousin Amy.
8. I took ballet, jazz, and tap for 13 years.
9. I’m severely intrigued by murder mystery shows. I’m almost tempted to go back to school so I can join the FBI.
10. My grandfather owned the town barber shop with his brother for many decades, and he only missed 2 days of work in all of those years, the days he mourned the deaths of his mother and father. Talk about work ethic!
11. I don’t like cake.
Kelly’s Questions and My Answers:
1. Where is the coolest place you have traveled? Utah. I puffy heart love Utah!
2. What is your favorite book? The Lovely Bones. I actually happened to stumble upon the filming of one of the scenes in Exton, PA, when I was living there.
3. What are you most thankful for in your life? My family. Seriously, they are my rocks. They’re my best friends. I call my mom every day. I speak to my brother on AIM every weekday, and I email my dad every day. We all work together, and we’ve somehow managed to maintain our awesome family dynamic.
4. What is the best concert you’ve been to? I’m actually not a fan of concerts… at all. But the best one I’ve ever been to was O.A.R. with Augustana and Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers in 2007.
5. What is your favorite Superbowl party recipe?
Cheese Capers (this is the low-fat version)
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (Kraft 2%)
1/2 cup Hellman’s Reduced Fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp. olive juice (optional)
6 Thomas’s 100 Calorie English muffins
1 T parmesan cheese
Mix above ingredients except parmesan cheese and English muffins. Spread evenly on muffin halves. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Why did you start blogging? I just wanted to document my weight loss a few years ago, and then as I started running again, I wanted to journal my progress.
7. Did you have any resolutions for 2012? Not exactly. I just want to be happy and healthy.
8. Who is your favorite author? Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson
9. If you could switch careers and have your dream job, what would it be? I’ve been trying to figure this out for years. Maybe a personal trainer/nutrionist
10. What’s the best movie you’ve seen lately? Return to Oz. It’s an oldie but a goodie.
11. Charlie Sheen or Kim Kardashian? Charlie Sheen. At least he’s famous for actually having some talent.
Carolina’s Questions and My Answers:
- LOST. The best or bestest show of all time? I kid (not really)! What’s your favorite show of all time? The All New Mickey Mouse Club. You know.. the one with Justin, Britney, Ryan, etc.
- If you could take your celebrity crush on a date who would it be? Where would you take him/do? JC Chasez, and we’d just hang out his house while he cooks me dinner. We’d end the night with a frisky midnight swim in his pool
- Favorite ingredient to cook with and why. Tastefully Simple Garlic Infused Olive Oil.. it’s so yummy and gives the dish so much flavor!
- What song are you most embarrased to have in your iPod? The theme song to Family Ties.
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go & why? Home. I miss them
- What’s your favorite way to work out? Swimming. You thought I was going to say running, didn’t you?
7. Favorite nail polish color. Go! Essie “After Sex”
8. Best movie you’ve seen this year? Ides of March. That was this year, wasn’t it?
9. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry & why? My pearl necklace. My grandmother gave it to me when I turned 13. I wear it for almost every important, fancy event.
10. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? This is kind of awkward because I don’t want to forget anything amazing that someone has given me, so I’ll go with Molly. She was a gift to myself
11. If you could do the same thing every day what would you do? lay in a hammock in a tropical, shaded place
12. What’s the first blog you started reading? From 5K to Marathon. Danielle and I had been online friends for years, and I wanted to read about her progress as she trained for her first marathon.
Mindy’s Questions and My Answers:
[one] If you were doing a destination wedding, where would it be? Hands down it would be Colorado. (And if you’re familiar with my “story”, no, this isn’t because of a certain ex. It’s just a really beautiful state!)
[two] What was the first movie you saw? Snow White
[three] What book do you think everyone should read? I think all young girls should read “Pretty Me”. It taught me a lot of valuable information about how to be a poised, savvy, and gracious young adult.
[four] What’s the best joke you’ve ever heard? There was a man who had a wooden eye, and he dated a woman with big teeth. When he got down on one knee and asked “Mary, will you be my wife?”, she excitedly exclaimed “would I?” His response was “big teeth!”
[five] What’s your favorite pizza topping? Green peppers and onions
[six] What was your favorite subject in high school? Math
[seven] Do you prefer the summer or winter olympics? Summer! I used to tape all of the swimming events.
[eight] What’s your favorite dessert? cherry pie
[nine] Would you rather watch the SuperBowl or World Series? World Series. I’m sooo not a pro football fan.
[ten] What concert is on your bucket list? Like I said, I’m not a concert person.
[eleven] If you had to live in another country for a year, where would you live? Ireland in a little cottage somewhere.
Hemarie’s Questions and my Answers:
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? Picnicing with my brother in the woods behind our house.
- Are you a morning or night person? Night.
- If you HAD to change your first name, what would you change it to? This is hard! I’d go with Jane. It’s so simple, but yet so classic.
- Do you have any tattoos? Not a one.
- Which movie, if playing on TV, are you unable to walk away from? Sound of Music
- What was the last thing you had to drink? Coffee
- If you could take a year off an go travelling, where would it be? Europe- Ireland, London, Paris, Venice
- What goal have you recently accomplished? Made it to ONEderland, meaning my weight is finally under 200 pounds.
- Name one thing you worry about running out of. Toilet paper.
- What top 5 blogs do you visit weekly? I visit A LOT, but here are a few: Running in Pink Project, Eat:Watch:Run, Meals and Miles, Crazy Running Legs, MomJovi (and all of these bloggers who tagged me)
- What was your childhood nickname? My brother called me Dreenie. Actually, he still calls me that.
- If you had to sing karaoke, which song would you choose? “River”
My Questions for You:
1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
2. What has been the best date you’ve ever been on?
3. If the President was coming over to your house (and assuming you like him), what would you cook for him?
4. If you could have Bob, Dolvett, or Jillian as your trainer, who would choose?
5. What gets you out of bed every morning?
6. What would you say is your best trait?
7. What would you say is your worst trait?
8. Which one habit would you like to break?
9. What is your next fitness goal?
10. Tell me one thing that’s on your wish list right now.
11. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Who I’m Tagging:
1. Sara at Running in Pink Project
2. Paula at Eat:Watch:Run
3. Alison at Peacock Diaries
4. Courtney at Run, Courtney, Run
5. Faith at For the Health of It
6. Lauren at Team Giles
7. Sonja at Running in Pearls
8. Sana at Super Sana
9. Heather at Then Heather Said
10. Jenn at Eat, Sleep, Run Disney
11. Leslie at And Her Little Dog Too
Shew! That was a LONG one!